Each Sertoma Club should have a “Camp Sertoma Representative” who will serve as the point of contact for working with parents, campers, camp staff and others regarding arrangements for sending children to camp. Although most clubs will have several people working together, the representative’s responsibilities will generally include:
- Find deserving campers by doing the following
- Contact your local schools (teachers and guidance counselors)
- Local DSS office
- Local Children’s Home
- Local Speech and Hearing Clinic
- Other agencies in your area serving youth. (YMCA, After School Programs, Recreation Centers, etc.)
- Visit with camper and parents or guardian. During this visit, review the “What to Bring” list in the brochure and leave brochure with parent/guardian.
- Provide the name of the camper, the name of the camper’s parent or guardian, accurate contact information – including address, a current telephone number and e-mail address for the parent/guardian to the Camp Sertoma Chairman. (A link to an internet portal will be provided to the parent/guardian for completion of the registration form and for downloading the medical forms.
- Be available to assist the parent/guardian with on-line registration if needed. The camp registrar will also be available to provide immediate assistance.
- Make plans for camper to get physical and provide transportation if necessary.
- Decide with parents when and where the camper will be picked up for camp. Call the parent/guardian the week before camp to confirm arrangements.
- Transport campers to camp on Sunday (Arrive between 2:00 – 4:00 pm) CHECK TO MAKE SURE CAMPERS HAVE THEIR MEDICATION IF APPLICABLE. Medication must be “up-to-date” and in the original bottle and match the medication on the health form.
- Arrive to pick campers up from camp on Saturday (11:30 am). Bring a picnic lunch with enough for you, your campers and a counselor. Plan to depart camp at approximately 1:00 pm after lunch.
|Session||Age||Dates – 2019|
|I Underprivileged or Speech and Hearing||7-13||June 16-22|
|II Underprivileged or Speech and Hearing||7-13||June 23-29|
|III Underprivileged or Speech and Hearing||7-13||June 30 – July 6|
|IV Underprivileged or Speech and Hearing||7-13||July 7-13|
|V Underprivileged or Speech and Hearing||7-13||July 14-20|
|VI Underprivileged or Speech and Hearing||7-13||July 21-27|
PLEASE REMEMBER, ALL SESSIONS BEGIN ON SUNDAY AND END ON SATURDAY